This week’s Because it’s Thursday Which is Basically Friday Which is Pretty Much the Weekend Cocktail is…Patriotic Punch. This peachy take on a Moscow Mule is the perfect 4th of July cocktail to sip on during a day full freedom, bald eagles, hot dogs and THIS ON REPEAT LIKE 1000 TIMES.
Ingredients (makes one 4th of July cocktail that will have you reciting The Constitution in no time)
- 3 oz. peach vodka
- 7 oz. ginger beer – fun fact: I’ve never had ginger beer and spent 20 minutes searching the beer aisle at the liquor store for it. Turns out, there’s no alcohol in ginger beer and it’s as much a beer as root beer is.
- 1/4 of a lemon
- A few fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 of a peach
- Copper mug – yes, you can use a regular cocktail glass. It will just taste a little less like #America and you’re basically a Communist.
- Combine the vodka and ginger beer and give it a nice little stir.
- Fill your mug (or anti-American regular glass) with ice and add your vodka-beer mixture.
- Give a little ~*~squeeze~*~ of your lemon wedge.
- Garnish with a few pieces of fresh peach and some basil.
- Take a sip and give a toast to freedom!