This week’s Because it’s Thursday Which is Basically Friday Which is Pretty Much the Weekend Cocktail is…Love Yo Man Bourbon. This lovely bourbon cocktail has few extra steps that make it a little extra special for your someone special. Anyone can pour their gentleman a simple glass of bourbon, but the legit cooking involved with this cocktail shows him just how much you care. Also, you can also totally make this for your lesbian lover. Just call it “Love Yo Lady Bourbon.”
Love Yo Man Bourbon
Ingredients (makes two bourbon cocktails – one for you and one for yo man):
- 1/4 cup of mint leaves for cocktail + 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup of blueberries for cocktail + a few for garnish
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- Club soda
- First you need to make the simple syrup (the part that shows yo man how much you care…you COOKED him a cocktail for fucks sake). Add the sugar, water and ginger to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Give it a nice lil stir and then turn down the heat.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the sauce pan from the heat to let the simple syrup cool.
- Add the blueberries, mint, bourbon and cooled simple syrup to a food processor and get after it. Depending on how ~smooth~ you want your cocktail, you can have as many or as little blueberry and mint chunks as you’d like. I like mine completely smooth because I myself am pretty god damn smooth. Obviously.
- Fill your glasses with ice and divide the blueberry goodness you just whipped up between them. Top with club soda, do a little blueberry-mint garnishing and DRINK UP BUTTERCUP!