I’m not a huge steak person but sometimes my inner Nebraskan roots start vibrating in my tastebuds and it sounds like the best thing in the world. I usually don’t get aggressive with it so this simple marinade is perfect. It’s not too…anything…so you could get highly flavorful with your sides. For this recipe, I cut a New York strip in half, but it could also be phenom with a filet. #grillbabygrill
Ingredients (2-3 filets of meat…adjust based on how ~thick~ your meat is <insert obvious dick reference here>):
- 4-5 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce (free puppy for anyone who accurately pronounce “worcestershire”)
- 2-3 tablespoons of barbeque sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil + 1 tablespoon of olive oil for cooking if you’re doing it on the stove instead of a grill
- 2-3 teaspoons of freshly chopped rosemary
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Salt and peppa
2. Whisk the chopped rosemary, minced garlic, 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, worcestershire (THIS GOD DAMN WORD), salt and pepper in a bowl. Your marinade is happening, girl!
3. Place the steak into a shallow bowl and cover with the marinade. Flip it over a few times until you feel like each piece of steak is covered. Borderline drowning.
4. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, flipping halfway.
5. Take it out and GRILL BABY GRILL!
6. If you’re slightly scared of the flame like I am, find a hot man to grill it for you. But still scream #grillbabygrill at him at least 14 times while he does it.