Oh Jalapeño Didn’t
Oh, tequila. Tequila tequila tequila. My sweet tequila, my sweet love. Tequila is my favorite. Tequila is magic. Tequila is basically good for you. I used to refer to it as “hoe-juice” back in the day because, well yeah, a few Patrón shots and I kind of acted like a hoe (what up #cabospringbreak2006!?!). But even in my obviously insanely classy present day life, tequila is still my go-to spirit. My favorite way to consume this lovely nectar of the gods is via a good, spicy margarita. And BONUS, this recipe is a ~*~skinny spicy margarita.~*~
Ingredients (makes 2 spicy margaritas)
- The juice of four limes, plus a few wedges for ~*~garnish~*~
- One jalapeño, plus another one to add a few chunks of ~*~garnish~*~
- 1/2 cup of GOOD tequila…do not get gross with your tequila. It’s hurtful to us all but more hurtful to your body tomorrow.
- 1/4 cup of honey
- TOOL: Muddler
Spicy Margarita Directions:
- Cut one half or a whole jalapeño (depending on how sassy you like your margarita) into little strips and remove the seeds.
- Combine the lime, tequila, juice and jalapeños in a jar/cocktail shaker/whatever.
- Muddle it like it’s hot.
- Add the the honey to your jar/cocktail shaker/cocktail-making vessel. Give your mixture a good stir.
- Get out your fabulous margarita glasses and strain the cocktail mixture over your glasses.
- Garnish with some lime and jalapeños and DRINK UP!